Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri claims that a sixth consecutive league title would be historic for the club.
Juventus have been the dominant force in the Italian football landscape over the last seven years. Former manager Antonio Conte helped them come back from a struggling position into a position where they could win three consecutive league titles. Allegri has carried on from this position and has helped them win the title in the last two seasons. This season, however, is the most challenging with Juventus facing intense competition from Roma for the top spot. If Juventus win the title in this 2016-17 season, they would also become the first team in Italy to win the league title in six consecutive seasons.
There is a high possibility of Juventus winning the title, as they have opened up a four-point advantage with a game in hand over Roma. The second placed outfit suffered a 3-2 loss against Sampdoria during the weekend, and it allowed Juventus to stretch stage advantage further.
Even though there has been the suggestion of Juventus not having proper competition, it can be clearly dismissed once the team manages to win six league titles in consecutive fashion unlike any other team in the history of Italian football. Juventus are dominating the league even after selling midfielder Paul Pogba to Manchester United in the summer.
“The players won and the credit goes to them. There are no secrets, it’s about having good players and a good club. The Coach just has to do as little damage as possible. A sixth Scudetto? It would be legendary for the club, no-one has ever managed to do it. But we have Roma and Napoli behind us, and we face Inter on Sunday. It will be an important game,” said the manager after being crowned as the best coach during the recentGran Gala del Calcio.
Mario Balotelli has endured a difficult time since arriving at Manchester city more than two years ago. After missing more than 11 games last season, the striker has managed to score just one goal in more than 20 appearances for the club this season. This has infuriated the manager Roberto Mancini, who was recently pictured having a fight with Balotelli. In the wake of recent developments, it has been heavily rumoured that the striker would be sold during the summer in order to reduce the infighting within the camp. The Italian manager Cesare Prandelli also feels that it is about time Balotelli made a move in order to revive his career.
Prandelli has said that it is up to Balotelli to get back to his best. The 22-year-old has always been a troublemaker at the club. Even the former Inter Milan manager José Mourinho struggled to manage him while he was at Inter Milan. Even though Mancini has repeatedly stated that Balotelli would remain at the club after his transfer window, there is a feeling that the board will take a decision to sell the player during the summer. Another player who has been linked with a move from the club is the defender Joleon Lescott.
“Mancini is absolutely right, Balotelli must listen to him, I agree with him. Everything depends on Mario, however. Coaches can try to stimulate and negotiate with you but everything must start from him. Returning to Italy could help him. It’s important for him to have continuity; the city or the country is not the problem,” said Prandelli in a recent interview. Prandelli has previously warned Mario Balotelli that he could lose his place in the national team if he does not get his act together. Balotelli was one of the best players for Italy at the Euro 2012.
Italian national team manager Cesare Prandelli has said that Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli should learn to keep his discipline at the tournament. This is the second warning from the Italian manager after he recently stated that he will not even take Mario Balotelli to the Euro 2012 if he continues with his off the field antics. When it comes to Mario Balotelli, it is always extreme in nature, which could upset the squad’s morale according to Prandelli. After being banished from the first team action for many games, Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini recalled from for the final game of the Premier league season against QPR. Balotelli once again played a crucial role in helping Manchester city win the title.
Prandelli has decided to include Mario Balotelli in the national team due to the fact that he is extremely short on strikers. Hence, he has also said that Balotelli should behave in such a way that he is extremely happy just be part of the squad. Prandelli has also said that Balotelli is by no means a starter for Italy. Prandelli has also dismissed hopes that Italy are one of the favourites to win the competition. They made it into the final of the competition in 2000, but Prandelli does not think that they will be close to it this time around.
“In my opinion, he has to see it as an extraordinary occasion for him as it is for the national side. We are not going to win Euro 2012. But I like to say that the Italians know how to surprise. I would like to show that the team has at least worked well and which is arriving at this Euro knowing it is experiencing a unique moment with a smile on its lips,” said Prandelli.
Italy coach Cesare Prandelli recently sent out a warning to Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli regarding his conduct off the pitch.
Now, Mario Balotelli’s club manager Roberto Mancini has also backed the claims by Italy coach Cesare Prandelli by saying that Mario Balotelli needs to listen to the advice from Cesare Prandelli.
The Italian striker was recently pictured coming out of a strip club in Liverpool in the early hours of Friday morning. Manchester City were set to face Bolton on Saturday, and Roberto Mancini was less pleased with the striker’s attitude and behaviour off the pitch.
Cesare Prandelli went one step ahead of Roberto Mancini by not only warning the player, but also dropping him from the squad entirely. Italy are set to face the United States national team in a friendly match on Wednesday.
However, Mario Balotelli will not be part of the squad, and it remains to be seen if Cesare Prandelli will be willing to stick with him if his behaviour does not improve. Italy have qualified for the Euro 2012, and are expected to be a dominant force at this European competition after failing to make any impact in the previous edition. Mario Balotelli is expected to be part of this squad, but Cesare Prandelli warned that his behaviour should improve in order to be considered for an inclusion.
“I think it (the warning) is correct. We know that Mario is a top player – but he should improve his behaviour. For the national team it is important. When you go to play in the European Championship and you only play three or five games, you should have good behaviour,” Roberto Mancini said ahead of the match with Bolton. Mancini will have Carlos Tevez coming closer to full fitness, and he adds to the competition for Mario Balotelli.